Targeting Handwriting NSW Year 6 Student Book NEW by Pascal Press
- Publisher: Pascal Press
- ISBN: 9781877085413
- Publication Year: 2002, reprinted 2016
- Format: Paperback
- Dimensions: 296 mm (h) x 210 mm (w)
- Author: Tricia Dearborn & Stephen Michael King
About This Book
The Targeting Handwriting NSW Year 6 Student Book focuses on developing students' own styles, while maintaining a general emphasis on fluency and legibility.
The book includes:
- some useful alternative letter shapes and joins
- more 'mature' real-world applications of handwriting, eg. developing a signature and tips for note taking
- teaching pages with two sets of copying lines, for reinforcement and extra practice
- a section on calligraphy
Handwriting is one of the most crucial skills students will develop in primary school. Targeting Handwriting covers the handwriting curriculum in a clear and structured way, with content directly linked to NSW syllabus outcomes. Writing is a vital, compelling form of communication. Children need to write every day, for a variety of purposes and for a variety of audiences. To be competent writers, their handwriting needs to be fluent and legible. The teaching of handwriting is an essential part of the writing curriculum.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|