- exercises based around ten common text types
- a wide variety of interesting activities
- fun visual exercises to stimulate the imagination
- revision sections throughout for constant reinforcement
- a lift-out answer section
- The Excel Basic Skills: Writing Skills book is designed to help Years 3-4 students develop and increase their creative writing skills. It is a clear and practical guide to writing well-structured, grammatically correct English. The book is divided into units based on various narrative and non-fiction text types. Each unit provides a model text, then a variety of practical exercises that cover the important grammar, vocabulary and punctuation points to be learned when writing for that specific text type. Answers are provided in a convenient lift-out section in the centre.
- Narrative - Strike me Pink!
- Recount - Diary Entry
- Information Report - The Bilby
- Recount - History of Cats in Australia
- Exposition - Should Pet Cats Wear Bells?
- Procedure - How to Make a Paper Folding Cat
- Explanation - Red Crabs of Christmas Island
- Description - the Sydney Opera House
- Biography - William Charles Wentworth
- Information Report - The Blue Mountains
|Unit Of Measure||ea|