Excel Basic Skills - Mental Maths Strategies Year 3 by Pascal Press
Brand New and well packaged for safe delivery
Publisher: Pascal Press
Publication Year: 2016 Reprint (Updated in 2013 for the Australian Curriculum)
Dimensions: 275 mm (h) x 201 mm (w)
Author: Alan Parker & Jan Faulkner
Product Description (extracted from the publisher Pascal Press)
"Mental Maths is the Maths we do in our heads without the use of calculators and without writing down the calculation. Mental Maths strategies are the 'tricks' we use to do Maths in our heads. There are different ways of finding the answer to any Mental Maths problem, and such strategies are the focus of this series. Even though calculators and computers play an enormous role in the modern world, we still need to go back to the basics we do need to know how to check that the sales assistant at the counter is giving us the right change! Mental Maths has become more important than ever and new primary Maths syllabuses in Australia are reflecting this. For example, NSW has placed an emphasis on Mental Maths in its primary syllabus, and even the Year 10 School Certificate examination has a compulsory non-calculator section.
Features of this book include:
- 32 double-page units of Mentals are included 8 units for each school term
- each unit is divided into four sets (A,B,C and D) of 15 questions each
- each numbered question covers particular Maths topics throughout the book: for example, Question 1 always covers addition, while Question 15 always covers geometry
- a special 'Help' section at the front of the book gives different strategies and explanations to help students solve Mentals problems. These are also numbered so they link to the question numbers in each Mentals unit
- a Fun Spot unit, containing fun activities, and a Revision unit are included at the end of each 8 units
- extra practice sections which reinforce particular strategies appear in the lower part of each page
- answers to all questions are in a lift-out section in the centre of the book"
Our stock is physically located in Sydney, so your delivery will be prompt.
Please visit our eBay store to view our wide selection of study guides and other products such as our calendars and diaries.
If you cannot find your item of interest, or require a greater quantity, please email us through eBay - sorry, eBay's policy does not allow us to give you our contact details directly.
Our Chatswood (Sydney) retail store carries one of the widest ranges of Pascal Press educational books as well as calendars, diaries, etc in Australia.