Excel Basic Skills - English Workbook Years 5
Publisher: Pascal Press
Publication/Reprint Year: 2015
Dimensions: 275 mm (h) x 201 mm (w)
Author: Kristine Brown
Product Description (extracted from the publisher Pascal Press)
"Excel Basic Skills: English Workbook Year 5 will help you with the writing you do every day at school - in English and in other subjects. Each chapter looks at a different type of writing. Some are imaginative text types such as narratives and poems. Others are factual text types such as reports and explanations. All the chapters begin with a sample text. Make sure you read the sample text carefully and look at the special features marked on it. You should then try the activities that follow. These give you guidance and practice in writing a similar type of text. Some activities help you with grammar and punctuation. Others focus on words - the way they are spelt and what they mean. Some activities are just for fun. Each chapter ends with activities that help you write a complete text yourself.
The Excel series of English Workbooks for Years 3–6 will help primary school students with the reading and writing they do every day at school - in English and in other subjects. Each chapter is set out as a separate unit of work covering a different type of writing (text type) and contains exercises that relate to that particular text type.
In this book you will find:
- eleven chapters, each set out as a unit of work covering a particular text type (such as narratives, letters, speeches and information reports), including a chapter on writing for school projects
- exercises and activities in each chapter which are directly linked to the text type covered
- practice in skills such as spelling, grammar, vocabulary, punctuation and comprehension
- interesting and relevant sample texts, including many written by Year 5 students, with important features highlighted
- Answers to all questions at the back of the book"