Excel Advanced Skills Spelling & Vocabulary Workbook Year 1 NEW by Pascal Press
Brand New and well packaged for safe delivery
Publisher: Pascal Press
Publication/Reprint Year: 2015 reprint
Dimensions: 275 mm (h) x 201 mm (w)
Author(s): Donna Gibbs
Product Description (extracted from the publisher Pascal Press)
"This book is part of the Excel Advanced Skills series, which provides students with more challenging extension work in vocabulary.
The Excel series of Spelling and Vocabulary Workbooks for Years 1–6 will help primary school students improve their spelling and vocabulary in English and in other subjects. Each unit has a different theme and focuses on a set of work dealing with words: what they mean and how to spell them. All activities are designed to encourage students to think about and enjoy language, and to give them meaningful practice in using it.
In this book you will find:
- Fifteen self-contained units of work, each with a different theme
- Topic spelling lists with up to 18 words
- Spelling lists focusing on common patterns
- ‘Tricky words’ and tips to remember them
- Practical spelling strategies
- Activities to practise and improve spelling
- Strategies to expand students’ knowledge about words and their meanings, and a variety of practice activities
- Activities which encourage students to use context when reading to develop their word power
- Engaging and relevant writing tasks
- Three comprehensive spelling review units
- Answers to all questions.
- Map of the book
- To the student
- LOOK-SAY-COVER-WRITE-SAY-CHECK method
- 1. Looking at animals
- 2. At the beach
- 3. Sporting fun
- 4. At home
- 5. What's on the menu?
- Review 1: Tests 1–6
- 6. Myself
- 7. Families
- 8. What are you wearing?
- 9. How many are there?
- 10. Moving around
- Review 2: Tests 1–6
- 11. What season is it?
- 12. Where is it?
- 13, How does my garden grow?
- 14. Making sounds
- 15. Flying things
- Review 3: Tests 1–6
- Word list
Our stock is physically located in Sydney, so your delivery will be prompt.
Please visit our eBay store to view our wide selection of study guides and other products such as our calendars, diaries, stationery, journals, etc.
If you cannot find your item of interest, or require a greater quantity, please email or call us through eBay - sorry, eBay's policy does not allow us to give you our contact details directly.
Our Chatswood (Sydney) retail store carries one of the widest ranges of Pascal Press educational books as well as calendars, diaries and diaries in Australia.