Excel Advanced Skills Grammar & Punctuation Workbook Year 5 by Pascal Press Ages 10-11
Publisher: Pascal Press
Publication/Reprint Year: 2016 reprint
Dimensions: 275 mm (h) x 201 mm (w)
Author(s): Laura Anderson
Product Description (extracted from the publisher Pascal Press)
"Excel Advanced Skills Grammar and Punctuation Workbook Year 5 will help primary school students, aged 10–11, improve their grammar and punctuation in English and other subjects. Each unit has a different theme and focuses on a set of work dealing with two or more grammar or punctuation rules and how they work in everyday writing. All activities are designed to encourage students to think about and enjoy language, and to give them meaningful practice in using it. This book is specifically written for the Year 5 Australian Curriculum English course and includes a glossary of terms to help students learn and use new words.
- 18 self-contained units of work, each with a different theme
- introductory exercises to test recall
- more challenging activities that require students to apply their acquired knowledge
- editing tasks that revise whole units
- challenging and fun practice activities that also reinforce the material learnt
- graded NAPLAN*-style questions that test the unit as a whole and also help students revise for NAPLAN tests
- writing tasks that encourage students to write their own text using the grammar and punctuation they have learnt
- a comprehensive glossary of terms used in the book
- answers to all questions
This book is part of the Excel Advanced Skills series, which provides students with more challenging extension work in grammar and punctuation.
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Pascal Press independently of Australian governments."